Monday, July 23, 2012

4K: Higher than High Definition

Many of you might be asking what 4k means. That's the same question I had before. I learned about 4k after CES, earlier this year. The highest resolution we used to know for both movies and television is 1080i/p (1,920x1,080 pixels) but now 4k (at least 3,840x2,160 pixels) is attempting to slowly take its place, especially after last week's announcement of LG's 84LM9600.

Based on my understanding of the online information I gathered about 4k, it works best on large screens which could be a possible reason for LG's 84-inch TV. Like 3D, the main criticism for 4k is the lack of 4k contents. It is also said that the main benefit of this higher definition would be the enhancement of passive 3D, which others criticized as not showing full 1080i/p resolution.

Last week, I saw a trailer for the first consumer 4k film and what can I say about it? Pure awesomeness!



TimeScapes: Rapture 4K from Tom Lowe on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons