Wednesday, July 25, 2012

London 2012 Olympics in Ultra High Definition TV

I got excited when I learned that the London Olympics, which is about to start in the next couple of days, will be shown in 3D. Today, I learned there's another reason to get excited. Well, at least for those who are or will be in London. BBC with the help of NHK, a Japanese broadcaster, will conduct Super Hi Vision trials during the Olympics.




Super High Vision is a digital video format developed by NHK. It's going to have a 7680x4320 pixels resolution and 22.2-multichannel surround sound. Super High Vision is also known as 8K, 4320p, and UHDTV.

Unfortunately, London Olympics in Super High Vision could only be available to public in three UK theaters: BBC Broadcasting House in London; BBC Pacific Quay in Glasgow; and National Media Museum in Bradford.

As for me, I'll be contented watching the Olympics from my LG Smart 3D TV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons